As a nod to the Nineteen Sixties child blue tub, rest room, and sink that they have been changing within the household tub of their modernist Lincoln dwelling, Samantha Carey’s purchasers requested for a blue palette. And, they needed a protracted, deep tub to accommodate their younger daughters’ tub time (the couple can also be anticipating their third little one), or an grownup. “I like design that works for households right here and now whereas additionally taking note of future wants,” Carey says. The couple’s two little women had enter, too. “They referred to as the scallop-shaped tiles ‘the mermaid tiles,’” Carey says. “They wish to be scuba divers after they develop up, so we ran with it.”
1. A frosted inside transom window allows mild from the first tub on the opposite facet of the wall. “Katie Flynn of Hisel Flynn Architects was genius with the idea of pulling daylight into the room,” Carey says.
2. A glass panel is a straightforward various to doorways. “A bigger panel would have made it troublesome to succeed in the controls and bathe the kiddos,” Carey says. “They will add one other panel later when it’s used extra for showering.”
3. Schoolhouse globe sconces echo the curve of the tile. “Selecting plain white additionally helped preserve the blue and white palette,” Carey says.
4. A Rejuvenation pivot mirror floats just a few inches off the wall, permitting for a glimpse of the Fireclay Tile items behind it. “We needed to see as a lot of it as doable,” Carey says.
5. A floating vainness helps the room really feel spacious, whereas the built-in sink and single lever faucet make for straightforward cleanup. The Serena & Lily step stool tucks simply beneath.
6. Bigger ground tiles imply fewer grout traces — an essential visible issue on condition that the wall tile is pretty busy. The darkish shade grounds the intense area. “The colour palette is about layering completely different tones,” Carey says.
Marni Elyse Katz is a daily contributor to the Globe Journal. Ship feedback to email@example.com.